SCFB Church Family,
We want to update you with information on how we as a church are responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus). As you are well aware, the virus and unknown factors are causing much fear, panic, and anxiety in our communities. First and foremost, we want to remind you of the words of 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.” As the body of Christ, we have an opportunity to demonstrate to the community where our hope comes from during this time. God is in control, and we cannot forget during this time where to put our trust.
While we will not be driven by fear, it is important to prepare and make wise decisions on how to respond to this situation. The wellbeing of each of our members, regular attenders, and guest is a priority for us as a church family. The progression of this virus seems to be moving quickly, and as a result, we do not know what tomorrow will hold. We are paying close attention to the official reports and CDC information that is being released about the virus. We wanted to communicate 3 levels of action that we will take depending on the seriousness and widespread nature of the virus.
- Hand Sanitizer bottles will be available in the lobby for each person to use as you enter and exit the sanctuary.
- We will not pass the offering plates or have the children collect dollars during our Sunday Morning Worship Service. Instead, the offering plates and basket for dollars will be on the table in the lobby for you to drop your offering off as you exit.
- We encourage everyone to greet one another with smiles and waves instead of handshakes and hugs to prevent the spread of disease.
- During our regular cleaning, we will spend extra time ensuring the frequently touched surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- We will provide pre-packaged elements for communion and will have them available prior to the service so that the communion plates do not need to be passed.
- We will temporarily suspend all activities except our Sunday Morning Worship Services. This will prevent from being in small, enclosed rooms together.
- Level 1 procedures will be followed during Sunday Morning Worship Services.
- All activities will be suspended until it is determined to be safe to meet again.
- A weekly sermon will be provided through the use of online live streaming on the church website and Facebook page.
At the current time, we have determined that we will use Level 3 procedures based off of recommendations from the Tennessee Baptist Convention and the CDC. As a result, we will not be having any on campus activities at the church. Click here for worship resources and a video to take part in our weekly service. We encourage you to set aside time as a family to worship with us every week. In addition, we are continuing to look for ways to continue ministry through technology and other means, so we will be rolling out additional ministry opportunities very soon.
Any changes to the current level procedures or operations will be communicated through our texting alert service, Facebook page, and website.
As a church, let’s continue to pray for our world, nation, and community in this time. May we be a light and source of stabilization and hope for the people around us. Most importantly, may we remember the reason for the hope that we have and continue to trust in our great God!
– SCFB Staff